Grievance Redressal Cell
H.P.B. Girls’ College, Golaghat
Introduction: H.P.B. Girls’ College has constituted Grievance Redressal Cell according to the guidelines of Government and UGC to realize the primary need of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for all the stakeholders. The GRC is institutionalised to find solutions for problems like Sexual harassment- any kind of physical or mental harassment, complaints regarding classroom teaching- classroom management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc.The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) aims to look into the complaints lodged by any student and redress it as per requirement. The students can state their grievance regarding any academic and non- academic matter within the campus through the online and grievance/ suggestion box.
The GRC convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by students, staff, teachers, and guardians and accordingly act on it. A suggestion box is placed in all the building blocks. Anyone with a genuine grievance can approach the members in person or drop their grievance. These are duly noted and appropriate action is taken. The institution aims at solving the grievances of the students within stipulated time.
The GRC members are constituted according to the guidelines of UGC with its chairperson and members and special invitee
Objective: The Grievance Redressal Cell has been developed to settle the grievances of the students and other stakeholders within a reasonable time period for further strengthening the bond of the students with the institution by providing them with all kind of facilities to a satisfactory level for maintaining a convenient ambience of academic teaching and learning. The cell aims:
1. To help the students to lodge their complaints and solve their problems related to academics, resources and personal grievances freely without any fear of victimization.
2. To ensure an effective solutions to the student grievance with an impartial and fair approach.
3. To prevent non-transparent or unfair practices adopted.
4. Advising students of the institution to respect the rights and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and whenever any occasion of the rift arises.
The main objectives of GRC are:
1. To develop an organizational framework to resolve the grievance of students and other stakeholders.
2. To provide the students access to immediate, hassle-free recourse to have their grievances redressed.
3. To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities to access benefits due under the policies.
4. To establish structured interactions with students to elicit information on their expectations.
5. To identify systemic flaws in the design and administration of various general insurance products and seek solutions thereafter.
6. Encourage the students to express their grievances.
7. To create and promote a healthy work ambiance and campus life.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
1. The students can lodge their grievance through e-mail given in the official website of the college.
2. The students may feel free to drop the writing (can be anonymous if required) in the grievance/ suggestion box.
3. The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
Mechanism of the Cell
Step 1: Receiving Letter in SGRC Box
The Complaint Box has been installed in the college. Students can put their grievances in writing on the issues related to academics, infrastructure, examination, office and administration.
Step 2: Unboxing the Letter by Grievance Coordinators
Every Saturday the SGRC Box will be unboxed by the Coordinators.
Step 3: Analysis and Augmentation of the Issues
After receiving the Grievances, it will be analysed by the coordinators and passed on to the management or concerned departments for Redressal.
Step 4: Redressal of the Issues
Students’ Grievance Redressal Cell ensures that the grievances are resolved by the concerned department or management within a span of the prescribed time of at least 15 days.