The most effective weapon against sexual harassment is prevention. Harassment does not disappear on its own. Providing safety being of the topmost priorities, the college along with various safety measures has an exclusive Cell for Prevention of Sexual Harassment to ensure optimum safety for its students.
*Objectives of the Policy*
1. To fulfill the directive of the Supreme Court, as per UGC directives in respect of implementing a policy against sexual harassment in the institution.
2. To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
3. To provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
4. To ensure equal access to all facilities and participation in activities of the college.
5. To create a secure physical and social environment that will deter acts of sexual harassment.
6. To promote a social and psychological environment that will raise awareness about sexual harassment in its various forms.
1. To undertake all necessary and reasonable steps including the constitution of appropriate committees for purposes of gender sensitization and to conduct inquiries into complaints of sexual harassment.
2. To uphold Women's Right to Protection against Sexual Harassment and for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment of women.
Any kind of unwanted activities that include sexual harassment off and on campus such as salacious oral or written abuse, sexual advances, unethical sexual behavior, etc. by fellow students or staff are dealt with stringent action. Complaints about such sexual actions are submitted to the Cell.
1. Dr. Arunima Das Chairperson
2. Mr. Hemanta Saikia Asst. Convener
3. Dr. Malini, Scientist, and Writer Special invitee
4. Mrs. Aparajita Borooah, Representative NGO Special invitee
5. Ms. Anu Tamuly Baruah, Advocate Legal Advisor
6. Mr. Prasanta Bora, Vice Principal Member
7. Mr. Monjit Gohain, Warden Member
8. Mrs. Mamoni Barhoi, Junior Assistant Member
9. Ms. Egipta Borah, Ex-General Secretary, Students' Union Member
10. General Secretary, Students' Union Member